- 1 large ear sweet corn in husk
- 2 uncooked chorizo links (4 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Carefully peel back corn husk to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husk and secure with kitchen string. Grill corn and chorizo, covered, over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and corn is tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cob; place in a small bowl. Chop chorizo; place in another bowl.
- Coat both sides of pita breads with cooking spray. Grill pitas, covered, over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until warm. Turn pitas; top with corn, chorizo, red pepper, cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chorizo Pizzas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p214
Reviews for Grilled Chorizo Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review