Grilled Chorizo Pizzas Recipe
I love grilling in the summer and this recipe incorporates some of my favorite flavors. It's a little more work to grill the corn and chorizo ahead of time, but the smoky flavor it adds to the final dish makes it worth it. —Neema Enriquez, Washington, Washington DC
- 1 large ear sweet corn in husk
- 2 uncooked chorizo links (4 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Carefully peel back corn husk to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husk and secure with kitchen string. Grill corn and chorizo, covered, over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and corn is tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cob; place in a small bowl. Chop chorizo; place in another bowl.
- Coat both sides of pita breads with cooking spray. Grill pitas, covered, over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until warm. Turn pitas; top with corn, chorizo, red pepper, cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chorizo Pizzas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p214
Reviews for Grilled Chorizo Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review