Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic, water, lime juice, oil and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- 4. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 5. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 shrimp with 1 teaspoon sauce: 27 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Chipotle Shrimp
"Did not care for the shrimp at all; very disappointed given all the great reviews. But the dipping sauce is killer. Will be using that in other recipes."
"Definite WOW factor here! This is our favorite appetizer for parties! Everyone loves them!"
"This recipe so good...Husband loved it!!"
"The shrimp had a really nice kick to them and it was delicious. I did mine on the grill and it was perfect. I will definitely make it for future BBQs"
"Everyone LOVED these...couldn't make enough!"
"This is a fantastic recipe! We make it for every cookout and it always impresses!! Definitely a dish that impresses!"
"It was delicious, the shrimp had so much flavor, it was a fantastic marinade. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs."
"Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs"
"This is a fabulous recipe! The marinade gives the shrimp heat and the wonderful dipping sauce cools them down. This is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing."
"I switched a few ingredients around. I used 1/4 cup "Lawry's" Baja Chipotle marinade instead of the adobo sauce and peppers because I couldn't find them. But it helped because it had both chipotles AND lime juice in it. i also added a dash of adobo seasoning to it. Other than that i made it for my 18th birthday. I had ppl leaning back and looking at the shrimp going. Hooooooo mann! Thank you very much for the recipe :)"
"best marinade for shrimp i've ever tried. make it every weekend"
"I have already made this twice within the last week. We started with shrimp but just made it for chicken. Awesome! Next, we will mix it in with some ground turkey to make burgers. The sour cream sauce would be a perfect topper...... well, that and some avocado. :-)"
"Fantastic!! Tasted gourment! Will definitely make again!"
"Easy and delicious! I found a can of peppers in adobo sauce at the grocery store-- very spicey so I only used 1/8 cup. The family loved the recipe! Didn't even need the cilantro cream sauce! However, the sauce was great on lime pulled pork on corn tortillas that I served with it!"
"Superb. Served it for dinner with 3 other couples and all of them raved. Definitely an easy way to impress!"
"Best shrimp ever!!"
"I loved this. The shrimp was just spicy enough and the sauce has a light, delicate flavor that went perfectly. I will definitely serve at my next BBQ."
"These are really delicious. Everything can be prepped earlier in the day and then broiled or grilled right before serving. They flew off the table when I served them at a family gathering."
"Shrimp were quite tasty, just the right amount of "kick". I didn't like the sauce, but I substituted parsley for the cilantro because my husband and I don't like cilantro. However, in this case, it probably needs cilantro, even for non-cilantro people. Also, I minced the parsley, but the sauce still came out kind of crunchy... I was going to use my immersion blender to see if I could do a better job making it creamier, but I lost it apparently."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.