Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic, water, lime juice, oil and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Chipotle Shrimp(16)
Sort By :
Everyone LOVED these...couldn't make enough!
This is a fantastic recipe! We make it for every cookout and it always impresses!! Definitely a dish that impresses!
It was delicious, the shrimp had so much flavor, it was a fantastic marinade. Thanks for the recipe!
Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs.
Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >