- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 chipotle peppers plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 pounds salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Place oil, citrus juices, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, soy sauce, garlic and oregano in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour half of the marinade into a 13x9-in. dish. Add salmon, skin side down. Turn fillets to coat both sides; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade for basting fish.
- For slaw, in a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add cabbages, onion and cilantro; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat well. Remove salmon from marinade; discard any remaining marinade in dish.
- Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Spoon some of the reserved marinade over fish. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- Break fish into bite-size pieces, removing skin if desired. Serve in tortillas with slaw. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chipotle Salmon Tacos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p207
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Chipotle Salmon Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review