Grilled Chicken with Peaches Recipe
- 1 cup peach spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 medium ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with some of the reserved glaze. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Grill peaches cut side down for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting every 2 minutes with remaining glaze. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Peaches
"Made this on a rainy, summer day and used my grill pan instead of the outdoor gas grill ~ it was a huge hit and a great way to use up peaches! Since it worked great on the grill pan I can make dark, cool days a little sunnier!"
"This was just fantastic! I served it on a bed of rice and had green beans w/ slivered almonds as my veggie! This will be a regular addition to my menu!"