I've been cooking since I was a young girl growing up on a farm in Indiana. This recipe was adapted from a pie filling. I've served it many times to family and friends.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peach or orange gelatin
- 1 medium peach, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin powder and peach; mix well until gelatin powder is dissolved. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with some of the remaining peach sauce. Continue grilling for 6-8 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning several times. Serve with the reserved peach sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce in Country August/September 2000, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review