Grilled Chicken with Herbed Stuffing Recipe
Grilled chicken breasts tend to be a bit boring so I like to stuff them with a bunch of herbs, breadcrumbs and garlic. I think they taste infinitely better this way and the stuffing helps keep the chicken moist. —Joy McMillan, The Woodlands, Texas
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt, marjoram and thyme.
- 2. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel.
- 3. Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, brushing occasionally with butter mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Herbed Stuffing
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC