- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt, marjoram and thyme.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, brushing occasionally with butter mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Herbed Stuffing
"I usually pick Taste of Home recipes based on the reviews. This one seemed like it had the ingredients for a tasty dinner, so despite no other reviews, I went ahead and tried it. Very simple, the flavors were good, and I would make it again. The reason for four stars was simply that the flavor was tasty- not over the top delicious. I encourage you to try it- it at least changes up the chicken routine. I baked mine at 350 for about 35-40 mins. The lemon also adds a nice touch."