Grilled Chicken with Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk soup mix and water until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and set aside.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon pepper and seasoned salt over both sides of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. In a nonstick saucepan, combine the cream, wine or broth, onion, garlic, mushroom mixture and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cream sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken and sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup sauce and 3/4 cup spaghetti equals 496 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Cream Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.