Grilled Chicken with Chutney Recipe
- 3 medium plums, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tex-Mex chili seasoning mix
- Red leaf lettuce
- Additional chopped jalapenos, optional
- 1. For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the peaches, onion, mustard and jalapeno. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with chili seasoning mix. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Slice chicken; serve on lettuce leaves with chutney. Sprinkle with additional jalapenos if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup chutney equals 346 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Chutney
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.