Grilled Chicken with Arugula Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 cups fresh baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup oil, shallots, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended. Reserve 3 tablespoons for dressing. Pour remaining vinaigrette into a large bowl; add mushrooms and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from vinaigrette. Transfer to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Brush chicken with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 4. Place arugula, grilled mushrooms and cheese in a large bowl. Add reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1-1/2 cups sala: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Arugula Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.