When my husband first found out he had diabetes, I was challenged to start cooking old family favorites in new, healthy ways that he would love just as much. This was the first one that made him say, "I can eat like this all the time!" Shiitake and oyster are some of my favorite mushrooms to use. —Lynne Keast, Monte Sereno, California
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 cups fresh baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup oil, shallots, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended. Reserve 3 tablespoons for dressing. Pour remaining vinaigrette into a large bowl; add mushrooms and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from vinaigrette. Transfer to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Brush chicken with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Place arugula, grilled mushrooms and cheese in a large bowl. Add reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken with Arugula Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Arugula Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review