- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed and drained well
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add squash and simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Stir in cranberries; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill sausages, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, turning often. Slice sausages and serve with rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Sausages with Harvest Rice
"What a unique set of ingredients! I'll bet the combination of cranberries and apple are lovely. I think I'll use fresh winter squash in small cubes for better texture and contrast though."