Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Once you bite into this grilled sandwich assembled by our home economists, you'll be surprised to learn that it is a light recipe. Despite its scrumptious buttery taste, it is made without butter or oil. Try it with turkey for some variation.
- 4 slices marble rye bread
- 2 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1. Top two slices of bread with cheese and chicken; cover with remaining bread. In a bowl, whisk the egg substitute, mayonnaise and mustard; spread outside of sandwiches with egg mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,496 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC