Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings.
- 2. Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices.
- 3. In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.