Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings.
- 2. Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices.
- 3. In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 126 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing
"Everyone really enjoyed it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.