Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing Recipe
4.5 1 3
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings.
- Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p42
Reviews forGrilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2010
"Everyone really enjoyed it!"