Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing Recipe
"This tasty salad is fast to assemble, and cleanup's a breeze," assures Dawn Davidson of Thornton, Ontario. "Serve with the warmed dressing and crusty bread or rolls, and you have a complete meal that the whole family is sure to love."
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings.
- Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >