Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into slices.
- Divide salad greens among four serving plates. Top each with chicken, blueberries and oranges. Whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salads; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
Sort By :
This is our go-to summer salad! I use fresh nectarine slices, but you could really use any berry/stone fruit combo. Definitely a keeper!
This was so good!!! Looking forward to blueberries being in season again to make this! Even such a simple marinade for the chicken was so delicious!
Delicious! Very very tasty already request for again and again!
Delicious main dish salad that's perfect for warm, summer days. I've made this twice - once with the blueberries and oranges, and once with blueberries and strawberries in place of the oranges. Both were delicious and I've found that I have to double the recipe because my family enjoys it so much! Thanks for the great recipe!
This was a hit with my husband and 3 kids. A definite keeper! The only change I made was making my own blueberry sauce from hand-picked blueberries instead of using blueberry preserves. YUMMY!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >