Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into slices.
- Divide salad greens among four serving plates. Top each with chicken, blueberries and oranges. Whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salads; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette(5)
Sort By :
Delicious! Very very tasty already request for again and again!
Delicious main dish salad that's perfect for warm, summer days. I've made this twice - once with the blueberries and oranges, and once with blueberries and strawberries in place of the oranges. Both were delicious and I've found that I have to double the recipe because my family enjoys it so much! Thanks for the great recipe!
This was a hit with my husband and 3 kids. A definite keeper! The only change I made was making my own blueberry sauce from hand-picked blueberries instead of using blueberry preserves. YUMMY!
My husband and I both loved this salad! His comment was "I could eat this once a week!".
This is the best salad I have ever made. I might switch the canned mandarin for fresh necatrines but other than it is fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >