Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Toss chicken with oil, garlic, salt and pepper; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Place greens on a serving plate; top with chicken, blueberries and mandarin oranges. Whisk vinaigrette again; drizzle over salad. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 455 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
"This is our go-to summer salad! I use fresh nectarine slices, but you could really use any berry/stone fruit combo. Definitely a keeper!"
"This was so good!!! Looking forward to blueberries being in season again to make this! Even such a simple marinade for the chicken was so delicious!"
"Delicious! Very very tasty already request for again and again!"
"Delicious main dish salad that's perfect for warm, summer days. I've made this twice - once with the blueberries and oranges, and once with blueberries and strawberries in place of the oranges. Both were delicious and I've found that I have to double the recipe because my family enjoys it so much! Thanks for the great recipe!"
"This was a hit with my husband and 3 kids. A definite keeper! The only change I made was making my own blueberry sauce from hand-picked blueberries instead of using blueberry preserves. YUMMY!"
"My husband and I both loved this salad! His comment was "I could eat this once a week!"."
"This is the best salad I have ever made. I might switch the canned mandarin for fresh necatrines but other than it is fantastic!"