A scrumptious combo of spring colors, textures and fresh flavors come together in this easy main-dish salad. “Enjoy this with some crusty bread and a frosty glass of minted lemonade.” Susan Gauthier - Falmouth, Maine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into slices.
- Divide salad greens among four serving plates. Top each with chicken, blueberries and oranges. Whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salads; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review