Grilled Chicken Salad for Two
Perfect for two, this pretty entree salad features strips of hearty grilled chicken. Tomato, dried cranberries, olives and walnuts add wonderful flavor to each forkful.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Divide salad greens between two serving plates; top with tomato,
- cranberries, cheese, olives, onions and walnuts. Slice chicken;
- arrange over salads. Serve with Italian dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 383 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,