Grilled Chicken Salad for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Divide salad greens between two serving plates; top with tomato, cranberries, cheese, olives, onions and walnuts. Slice chicken; arrange over salads. Serve with Italian dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 383 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad for Two
"I changed the recipe a bit by using 4 oz of chicken per person and I broiled it instead of grilling. I think next time I will omit the tomato and use carrots. I used a Vidalia onion dressing instead of Italian...the recipe was very good."