A few years back, I found this easy, light salad recipe and made it for a picnic for my boyfriend and myself. Now that guy is my husband, and we still enjoy going on picnics and dining on this satisfying salad.
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, ziti or spiral pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill or 5 teaspoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijion mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove from the grill and place in a single layer on a platter; sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, red pepper, celery, onion and dill. Remove chicken from platter; pour juices into a bowl. Slice chicken widthwise into thin strips; add to pasta mixture.
- To the juices, add vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk well. Whisk in oil very slowly in a stream until dressing is thickened.
- Pour over salad and toss. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl or on individual lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p27
Reviews forGrilled Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review