Sharilyn Thompson of St. Paul Park, Minnesota typically uses her backyard grill to fix this recipe, but an indoor grill works well, too. "Since we grill almost every meal in the summer, I thought we'd try these sandwiches," she says. TIP: "Serve with coleslaw or a green salad," Sharilyn suggests.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices rye bread
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Place chicken on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray; grill for 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear. Place a slice of cheese on each of the two bread slices. Slice chicken; place over cheese. Top with sauerkraut and remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches. Cook on indoor grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Reubens in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p17
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Reubens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review