"My local supermarket deli carried a great pasta salad but kept the recipe a secret," says Leanne Royce of Appleton, Wisconsin. "I was determined to duplicate it at home and created this version."
Recommended: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with lemon-pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, broccoli, red pepper, red onion, salad dressing, cheese and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p27
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
"It's ok, nothing great. There are so many other salad recipes similar to this only with more flavor that I would not recommend this one."