Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
"My local supermarket deli carried a great pasta salad but kept the recipe a secret," says Leanne Royce of Appleton, Wisconsin. "I was determined to duplicate it at home and created this version."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the
- chicken with lemon-pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, broccoli,
- red pepper, red onion, salad dressing, cheese and lemon juice; toss
- to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 300 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium,