- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers and cheese; divide among eight plates. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; place over salad. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken on Greens with Citrus Dressing
"I liked it. my husband did not. but he is not really a "salad" type of guy. the dressing was delicious and would be great as a dressing on a burger or on grilled chicken. I liked the different textures and freshness of this salad."