Grilled Chicken Kabobs
I have fun trying new recipes and creating dishes of my own. I especially enjoy main entrees like this that are a little lighter and that let the food's natural flavors come through. They grill in no time.Paul Miller, Green Bay, Wisconsin
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 8 to 12 medium fresh mushrooms
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the mustard and Worcestershire
- sauce and water, soy sauce and oil; remove 1/3 cup and set aside for
- basting. Cut chicken into 1-1/2-in. pieces; add to bag. Seal and
- refrigerate for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Drain, discarding marinade.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately on skewers. Baste with
- reserved marinade. Grill over hot heat for 10 minutes. Turn and
- baste. Cook 10 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.