Grilled Chicken Dinner
"This complete meal grilled in a foil packet is a palate-pleasing and mess-free dinner for one," relates Floyd Hulet of Apache Junction, Arizona.
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 50 min.
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half (8 ounces)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, peas and/or green beans)
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Place chicken in the center of a piece of double-layered heavy-duty
- foil (about 18 in. square). Place vegetables around chicken.
- Sprinkle with soup mix. Top with soup. Fold foil around vegetables
- and chicken and seal tightly.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 50-60 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 170°. Open foil carefully to allow steam
- to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 590 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 2,004 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.