Grilled Chicken Club Pitas Recipe
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 whole pita breads
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard and seasoning blend; set aside 3 tablespoons. Pour remaining mixture in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate reserved mayonnaise mixture until serving.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1-in. strips.
- 3. Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture over pita breads; top with the lettuce, chicken, bacon and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 511 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.