Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn (12 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the romaine, croutons and tomatoes; add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on salads. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
"This was an excellent salad. It was perfect for a warm summer evening dinner. I will definitely make this again."
"Never been a fan of caesar salad but my husband likes it so I tried this recipe and the whole family loves it. The taste of the marinated chicken is wonderful."
"This is a great marinade. The ingredients are easy to remember and can easily be doubled or halved. It is definitely a keeper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.