- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with lemon butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Grilled Chicken in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Breasts with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2013
"Didnt care for stuffing. Had some stuffing in freezer that I used and it tasted like Thanksgiving. Very quick and easy dish."