- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with lemon butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Grilled Chicken in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Breasts with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2013
Didnt care for stuffing. Had some stuffing in freezer that I used and it tasted like Thanksgiving. Very quick and easy dish.