- WASH, trim and pound chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- MIX brown sugar, peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic,
- cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl to make marinade.
- PLACE chicken in a shallow dish (or food storage bag). Cover with
- marinade. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature or as long as
- overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook: HEAT grill. Combine peanut butter, coconut milk,
- lime juice, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne
- in a heavy saucepan to make peanut sauce. Cook over medium heat,
- stirring constantly, about 15 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in
- chicken stock and cream. Cook 1 minute more, whisking. Keep warm
- while grilling chicken.
- REMOVE chicken from marinade and place on hot grill. Grill 4 to 6
- minutes on each side, turning only once, until browned and no longer
- pink in center.
- SPOON peanut sauce over hot chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.