Grilled Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over chicken and set aside. In a small bowl, toss peppers and onions with oil; transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place chicken and grill basket on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup vegetables equals 237 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.