- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over chicken and set aside. In a small bowl, toss peppers and onions with oil; transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place chicken and grill basket on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken and Veggies
"Also, this did not have a texmex flavor to me. It was more reminiscent of Indian flavors with the turmeric, cumin and saffron-like color. So if you like Indian spicies - this was a pleasing dish - though it could be dry. The tomatoes helped though."
"I liked this - a nice saffron color and not a real strong flavor, but interesting and pleasing. I used 3 chicken breasts, 1/2 onion, 5 small green peppers, some cherry tomatoes (the tomatoes added a lot of flavor). The chicken was poached just short of being fully cooked, then the cutup seasoned chicken with all of the veggies was grilled in a grilling skillet (the kind with holes so juices can drip through). We added some lite salt and pepper to taste also, and were very pleased with the taste."
"Did not have gralic salt or tumeric, so made without them. The chicken was tasty, although a bit dry. Added asparagus to the veggies - they were delicious and so easy!"
"Could this recipe be adapted to a slow cooker?"
"This would be good with more veggies and a bit of fresh thyme. Very simple and also if buissy just wrap in foil and put on grill."