With her family’s busy lifestyle and sports schedules, everyone appreciates simple and scrumptious recipes like Leah Lyon’s grilled chicken dish. “This is so easy and people are always asking me how to make it,” the Ada, Oklahoma reader says. “I often substitute adobo seasoning for the blended spices.”
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over chicken and set aside. In a small bowl, toss peppers and onions with oil; transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place chicken and grill basket on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken and Veggies in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review