Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, combine the juice; oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Slice into strips.
- 3. Grill or broil pineapple, turning to brown both sides, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. In a large bowl, toss the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion. Top with chicken and pineapple; or arrange on four plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 recipe equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2-1/2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.