Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad Recipe
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
- 7 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Arrange the salad greens, cheese, pears and pecans on individual plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Whisk the apple juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving equals 329 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.