I served this fabulous salad at a shower, and received many compliments. The vinaigrette pairs wonderfully with the grilled chicken and Brie, and the nuts offer a fun crunch. —Janet Duran of Des Moines, Washington
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
- 7 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Arrange the salad greens, cheese, pears and pecans on individual plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Whisk the apple juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review