Grilled Chicken and Mixed Greens Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Oil and vinegar salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add chicken strips; seal bag and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- 2. To serve, arrange greens on four serving plates; top with tomatoes, pineapple, onions and warm chicken. Drizzle with dressing if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium soy sauce and served without dressing) equals 6 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit; also, 383 calories, 381 mg sodium, 159 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 58 protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken and Mixed Greens Salad
"This was delicious!"
"The marinade made the chicken very moist and gave it wonderful flavor. With the pineapples in the salad it didn't need any dressing!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.