Grilled Cherry Tomatoes
This tasty side dish is seasoned with herbs and butter. Just tuck the foil packet beside any meat you happen to be grilling.—Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place tomatoes on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in.
- x 12 in.). In a small skillet, saute garlic and oregano in butter
- for 2 minutes. Pour over tomatoes. Fold foil around tomatoes and
- seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until tomatoes are heated through. Open foil carefully to allow
- steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.