- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in ketchup, vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Brush wings with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Grilled Cherry-Glazed Chicken Wings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p218
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Cherry-Glazed Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review