- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and onion. Stir in the potatoes. Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining water; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Cheesy Potatoes
Sort By :
The flavor of these potatoes was good... However, they needed a lot longer than 10 minutes on the grill. I might have precooked them longer but I guess I was disappointed because I ended up cooking them in the oven for another 20 minutes. Not that impressed.
A little too cheesy for me...I'd try it again with cheddar or other cheese and probably about half the amount.