When you're grilling a main course, toss this side dish on as well...you'll be glad you did! The rich red potatoes are wonderful with many different meats.—Ms. Julie McQuiston, Bradenton, Florida
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and onion. Stir in the potatoes. Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining water; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Cheesy Potatoes in Country Woman May/June 2005, p35
Reviews for Grilled Cheesy Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review