- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and onion. Stir in the potatoes. Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and remaining water; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Cheesy Potatoes
Sort By :
"The flavor of these potatoes was good... However, they needed a lot longer than 10 minutes on the grill. I might have precooked them longer but I guess I was disappointed because I ended up cooking them in the oven for another 20 minutes. Not that impressed."
"A little too cheesy for me...I'd try it again with cheddar or other cheese and probably about half the amount."