"I combined our daughter's two favorite foods—pizza and grilled cheeseburgers—to create this main dish," says Tanya Gutierro from Beacon Falls, Connecticut. "It's very simple to make, and she and her friends love it. If you don't like the toppings, replace them with whatever you prefer."
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Shape beef into three 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Cut burgers into 1/2-in. pieces; set aside.
- Combine ketchup and mustard; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with tomato, burger pieces, onion, pickles and cheeses; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza on a 16-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pizza, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review