- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Shape beef into three 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Cut burgers into 1/2-in. pieces; set aside.
- Combine ketchup and mustard; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with tomato, burger pieces, onion, pickles and cheeses; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza on a 16-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pizza, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
Sort By :
"I used a 14 oz. Boboli crust. It was definitely not large enough. I will definitely get a larger crust next time."
"I have grilled all kinds of pizza with a great deal of success. I use charcoal (Weber) and direct heat...you just have to watch it. I cook one side, flip it and put the toppings on the side that is alrady grilled. Wonderful for camping or Friday nights on the deck around the pool."
"I have made this pizza several times and it is always a hit. Although some think it is an odd combination for a pizza they quickly become fans and aks for it again! BeckyG"
"My husband and I tried out this recipe this weekend. We weren't sure if we would like grilled pizza; it sounded kind of weird. But we decided to try it anyways. It was awesome. The flavors really come through, and tastes just like a cheeseburger. We will be making this again for sure!"