Grilled Cheese with Turkey
“This is my favorite sandwich,” says Teresa Stephens from Dexter, New York. “I make it once a week.” Melted cheese and mayonnaise give this tasty sandwich loads of comforting appeal. Yum!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with mayonnaise. Layer with turkey, tomato
- and cheese; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches
- with butter. On a hot griddle, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat butter) equals 372 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,617 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.