Grilled Cheese with Tomato Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice, butter side down, in a skillet; top with half of the cheese. Layer with tomato and remaining cheese; sprinkle with oregano and basil. Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Grilled Cheese with Tomato
"This was good, but it didn't have quite as much flavor as I would have liked. The cheese was super melty, gooey, and delicious. The tomato was a little bland and maybe could have used a shake of salt to bring out the flavor. My basil is pretty old so I didn't taste that much (definitely not the recipe's fault!) but the oregano was nice. I might serve this with a side of marinara for dipping in the future."