Grilled Cheese with Tomato
Tricia Curley puts a tasty Italian twist on a lunchtime tradition. The Joliet, Illinois cook's speedy skillet sandwich features mozzarella, tomato slices, oregano and basil.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice,
- butter side down, in a skillet; top with half of the cheese. Layer
- with tomato and remaining cheese; sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cook over medium heat
- until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 1 serving.