- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice, butter side down, in a skillet; top with half of the cheese. Layer with tomato and remaining cheese; sprinkle with oregano and basil. Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Grilled Cheese with Tomato
"This was good, but it didn't have quite as much flavor as I would have liked. The cheese was super melty, gooey, and delicious. The tomato was a little bland and maybe could have used a shake of salt to bring out the flavor. My basil is pretty old so I didn't taste that much (definitely not the recipe's fault!) but the oregano was nice. I might serve this with a side of marinara for dipping in the future."