Grilled Cheese Supreme Recipe
- 12 slices hearty rye bread
- 12 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 18 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- 12 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. Spread each of six bread slices with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Layer with a cheese slice, tomatoes, mushrooms, another cheese slice, onion, 2 avocado wedges and remaining cheese slice. Spread remaining bread with remaining mayonnaise; place on top.
- 2. Butter outsides of sandwiches. Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 674 calories, 46g fat (23g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Grilled Cheese Supreme
"These were absolutely delicious. The only thing I did different was use 2 slices of cheese per sandwich instead of 3. Next time I'm going to try provolone cheese in place of the American cheese."