I often serve buttery grilled bread with steak and a salad. It's so quick to make, and it's also easy to add to whatever else you have on the grill. —Debbi Baker, Green Springs, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Cut bread, leaving slices attached at the bottom; spread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Cheese Loaf in Country Woman July/August 1997, p29
Reviews for Grilled Cheese Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
"I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!"
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2011
"Made this several times and always a major hit!"
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2009
"This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are."